What is CSS? September 12, 2007Posted by fofo in CSS.
CSS is a language that’s used to define the formatting applied to a Website, including
colors, background images, typefaces (fonts), margins, and indentation.
A very good summary of what we can achieve we CSS can be found below and is taken from the W3SCHOOLS WEB SITE.
- CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets
- Styles define how to display HTML elements
- Styles are normally stored in Style Sheets
- Styles were added to HTML 4.0 to solve a problem
- External Style Sheets can save you a lot of work
- External Style Sheets are stored in CSS files
- Multiple style definitions will cascade into one